Our physiotherapists at Sue Croft Physiotherapy treat women, men and children with any of the following conditions/symptoms:-
Pelvic Pain Conditions:
Vulvodynia, Vaginismus, Pudendal Neuralgia, Endometriosis pain, period pain, inability to use tampons, coccydynia, Bladder Pain Syndrome (Interstitial Cystitis), dyspareunia (painful sex due to any cause).
Female Sexual Dysfunction:
Dyspareunia (painful sex due to any cause), loss of libido (post-natal, menopause, ageing), Genito-urinary Symptoms of Menopause (GSM), difficulties with orgasm, anorgasmia, coital incontinence (loss of urine with intercourse or orgasm), vaginal flatus, Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder (PGAD), fear-provoked pain due to any Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) or Sexual Assault.
Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI), Overactive bladder (Urge Incontinence, Frequency, Urgency, Nocturia), Post Micturition Dribble (PMD), Voiding dysfunction (can’t empty your bladder leading to urinary retention, poor flow), Chronic / Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections (RUTI), Intrinsic urethral sphincter deficiency leading to insidious urinary leakage.
Constipation, Obstructed Defaecation (OD) or Pelvic Floor Dyssynergia, Rectal Prolapse, Solitary Rectal Ulcer Syndrome (SRUP), Haemorrhoids, Anal Fissures, Rectal Intussusception, Faecal Urgency & Incontinence (FI), Anal pain, Flatus Incontinence.
Urethrocoele advice, anterior wall prolapse (formerly known as cystocoele), uterine prolapse, posterior wall prolapse (formerly known as rectocoele), Pessary fitting (for prolapse & stress urinary incontinence), Pre/Post Surgery Advice either individual consultation.
Male pelvic pain (chronic prostatitis), erectile dysfunction(ED), urinary incontinence issues, bowel problems (obstructed defaecation issues, constipation, faecal incontinence, rectal prolapse, haemorrhoids, anal fissures, anal pain), Pre/ Post Prostate Surgery Advice.
Children’s bed-wetting, daytime wetting, faecal incontinence, constipation and withholding problems.
Preventative pelvic floor advice, assessment to inform regarding future issues or risk of further injury with subsequent deliveries if pelvic floor damage, pregnancy related back pain, Rectus Diastasis management.
We conduct running clinics with video analysis to help women return to running following childbirth and to help tweak running styles that may lead to chronic injuries and hamper peak performance in running for women and men.
Pelvic Health Treatments:
Simple preventative measures early will stop the insidious progressive nature of many types of pelvic floor dysfunction. Sue writes a blog with extensive advice and treatment strategies so be sure to hop on and check it out. Click here to read Sue’s blog… The blog has category boxes at the top of the page so if you are specifically interested in all the blogs related to prolapse then you can just click on the prolapse box.
Musculoskeletal conditions are treated by all our physios. These include spinal pain, all joint pain, foot and hand conditions. If you are in doubt, please call reception.
Pelvic floor friendly ‘Pilates style’ exercise classes streamed via Zoom. The ‘Pain management and relaxation Yoga’ class is currently not active.
The initial private consultation will cover:
- A comprehensive assessment with feedback about the strength of the pelvic floor muscles, levator avulsion, prolapse. Further objective measurements will be taken where necessary to evaluate the risk of prolapse (Genital Hiatus+Perineal Body with valsalva) and strength of the pelvic floor muscles (using a Peritron Biofeedback device).
- Pelvic floor and abdominal muscle training.
- Bladder retraining and urge control techniques.
- Correct voiding (urinating) position and defaecation position and dynamics (passing a bowel motion).
- Good bladder and bowel habits.
- Breath awareness and muscle relaxation advice (when necessary).
- Pelvic floor friendly exercise advice (especially regarding gym programs, Pilates, yoga and high impact sports and activities).
- For Children’s Bed-wetting: bed-wetting education including the sale and instruction of bed-wetting alarms.
- Note that will be some changes to procedures during the Covid-19 emergency.